Complete Shutters Australia is a family owned and operated business, so we know how important it is to keep our little ones safe!
All products and services are provided with Child safety in mind and our team will ensure that all installations are completed to follow the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) Child Safety Regulations.
When choosing our company, you will have the peace of mind knowing that all our products are manufactured and installed ensuring that they can be operated in a safe manner.
At Complete Shutters Australia, we pride ourselves on always being at the forefront of child safety. We have included some easy steps below on how you can ensure your existing window furnishings are kept safe for the whole family!
- 7 easy steps for blind and cord safety.
- Make sure your children cannot reach any blind or curtain cords.
- Make sure the bottom of any blind or curtain cord is at least 160cm above the floor.
- Move children’s cots, beds, high chairs or play pens away from the windows with blind or curtain cords.
- Make sure your child cannot climb on furniture and reach blind or curtain cords.
- Wrap cords securely around a hook attached high on the wall.
- Install a cord tensioning device for all blinds and looped cords.
- When installing new blinds, seek advice from the supplier about products that utilise ‘wands’ or motorisation instead of cords to operate the blinds.